holly christensen, MSN, cnm
Holly Christensen has been a Certified Nurse Midwife in full scope OB/GYN practice since 2005. She holds a Master's in Nursing from the University of Pennsylvania and has completed a certification in Sexual Health Counseling and Education at University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
Using this expertise, in addition to her experience as mother, wife, sister and daughter, Holly helps people discover their
potential as vibrant, sexually awake individuals.
Holly is both a midwife and sexual health counselor. Her work at Rosemont Wellness is focused on sexual health counseling. She also continues to work as a midwife for Baby and Company, a birth center maternity care organization. She enjoys caring for individuals of any gender, as well as teaching sexual health to other professionals, educators, and students.
As a sexual health counselor, Holly recognizes the factors influencing sexuality, including: intimate relationships, family relationships, chosen family, political climate, the legal system, health care system, social networks, spiritual/religious life, and geography. It includes the person in their current context and the narrative that came before.
Your visit might include talk counseling, goal setting, coaching, education, physical exam, or medication. As a sexual health counselor Holly could help with a variety of sexual health concerns, including but not limited to:
- Difficulty with traditional Gyn exams
- Pain with sex
- Anatomy and physiology of sexual function
- Finding sensual pleasure
- Exploring intimacy
- Sexual desire and arousal
- Basic mindfulness activities
- Sex in pregnancy and postpartum, for the birthing person and their partner
- Assistance in identifying the specialist(s) most likely to assist with a specific problem
- Identification of patients who might benefit from pelvic floor physical therapists
- Coping with pregnancy, labor, and delivery after trauma
- Recovering from infidelity
- Caring for clients with infertility
Please call (207) 558-9947 to speak with Holly about making an appointment. You may also email with any questions at: email@example.com